Saturday, May 19, 2012

Homemade Pizza

The kids were home from work and school for  spring break and decided to take over the kitchen.  It was a special day with much to celebrate. My little chefs decided that homemade pizza would be on the menu for the evening dinner. They went to work and the entire house smelled wonderful.  They made four different types, each there own creation from what was on hand. 

I thought I'd share their recipes. Keep in mind, they are made up of "a little bit of this and a little bit of that"

2 (.25 oz.) package active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups quinoa flour
2 T olive oil
1 t salt
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water until creamy, approx. 10 minutes
In a large bowl combine the two flours, yeast mixture, salt, olive oil and mix well
Cover and rise for about 1 hour
Preheat oven to 400 f
Place dough on well floured surface and roll out your pizza shape
Next the kids went to town with their creations
Toppings:
pesto sauce, tomato sauce, no sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, chicken, goat cheese, all sorts of vegetables and of course the herbs from the garden.
Place in the oven and keep an eye on them, enjoy the aroma!

My son,  going to work on his master piece. 


A "little bit of this, and a little bit of that"
Voila!
Here I am displaying my good side. I happen to be wearing Levi jeans and a cute top from Forever 21 watching the kids create


We placed the cutting boards right on the table. Everyone sat on a mix of chairs (I never have enough) and enjoyed the wonderful pizzas with a toast.......to me.





Thats me,  couldn't be happier



My son loving his momma


Remember that celebration I mentioned earlier on, well all of this was for my birthday. I won't tell you how old I am, but the fiery inferno should be a clue. Here I am with my husband.


I'm making a wish,  but really I'm thinking how fortunate I am to be surrounded by my son and daughter and wonderful friends and family. This is my daughter loving her momma.







This was not special effects applied to the photo, remember that fiery inferno. 













No comments:

Post a Comment